Thursday, December 30, 2010

Goal #91: Ryan and Miriam's Wedding

More progress on my Project 101 in 1001 list. Read about my journey here.
 
Goal #91: Shoot at least five weddings with Devin (3/5)

On November 26th, while many were out hitting up the Black Friday deals or recovering from turkey-induced comas, Devin and I were photographing the beautiful wedding of Ryan and Miriam. I also designed this couple's "Classic, Spanish-infused" wedding invitations (which I loved!) It was fun to create the "first impression" of their wedding and then also be able capture their special day on camera.

© Off Beat Graphics 2010

I normally act as the "second shooter" during our wedding sessions, which means I shoot the candid pictures, watch for details (like stray hairs and crooked ties), hold equipment, anticipate Devin's needs and follow his lead completely. But this time around we were very limited on shooting time and had no choice but to divide and conquer. This meant that I got the opportunity to shoot more than I ever have before.

While Devin was photographing the guys, I started taking portraits of the Bride, which - hello! - is a huge responsibility and one that I wasn't entirely sure I was ready for. Fortunately, Devin has been an incredible instructor over the past few months and as I applied the helpful hints and constructive criticisms he has provided me with, I was able to capture some shots that I was really pleased with. Below are some of the images I am proud to call my own. 




To see more images of this stunning Spanish-infused wedding, hop on over to Devin's photography blog.

Thank you Ryan and Miriam for including us in your day - it was so beautiful! May God bless you as you start this incredible journey together.

1 comment:

Got some Notions of your own about this post? Share them!