Thursday, January 5, 2012

Right Now (in bullets)

Someone commented to me today that I must feel like I'm being pulled in five different directions. Indeed I do. Those five directions being: a husband, a baby, another baby, a home and a full-time job. Its... a lot. My mind is so jumbled and scattered that to write any sort of eloquent update would quite possibly short-circuit me, so I thought I would just give you a quick peek at my "right now" in bullet point form. 


1). A Husband

  • Devin has been an amazing encouragement as we adjust to this new life of ours
  • He has been so patient with me
  • He is an amazing dad
  • I love watching him interact with the boys
  • He is such a hard worker
  • I love this man beyond words
  • I want to learn to love him better

2). A Baby

  • Weston is such a happy, silly baby
  • But when he is upset, he gets UPSET
  • He is starting to giggle
  • He babbles to himself a lot
  • He is a morning person
  • I am not
  • But seeing his great big grin every morning is making me cherish the mornings 
  • I love this kid so much

3). Another Baby:

  • Isaac is such a sweetheart
  • He looks just like Devin
  • He acts a lot like Devin too - a quite observer 
  • But, oh my, can that boy scream when he gets upset (this is not like Devin)
  • He loves being held and snuggling into crevices (armpits especially)
  • He loves "talking" and listening to whoever is interacting with him
  • He is absolutely fascinated by his hands right now
  • Seriously, he just lays there staring at his hands and studying them as they move
  • I love this kid so much too

4). A Home: 

  • Mostly messy, most of the time
  • We've got a lot of stuff and not a lot of room
  • I desperately want the time to purge and organize
  • Still receiving meals for some amazing friends and family 
  • Feeling so grateful for this
  • But eventually I'm going to have to start cooking again 
  • Cooking is not my gift
  • Would love to be a better homemaker
  • Doing my best with what time I have

5). A full-time job:

  • It's stressful
  • But some days it's nice to get away and just be a designer
  • But most of the time, I hate being away from Devin and the babies so much
  • I get home just a couple of hours before Devin and the babies go to bed 
  • If I could sum it up in two words:
  • Too
  • Much

Notice a couple of key things missing from my top five list? Yeah, "God" and "Me" are almost not-to-be-found most days. I am so blessed in so many ways and I love my new life as a mama to twins, but something's got to give. The current pace is not sustainable long-term. But never you worry dear reader, Devin and I have something in the works that could very possibly be one of the best decisions we'll make during our life together... 

5 comments:

  1. If you love me at all, you'll message me a hint about these big plans of yours. If love is not enough, I'll message you a hint about our future in exchange. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marla and Jen--You both are KILLING me with your secrets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you both should also message us, while you're at it. B/c you're both killing me, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. jen- please know that you have been on my heart and i will continue to pray for you! you are such a talented woman with an amazing heart set for the lord. it's been so cool to follow along and see what god has in store for you and your family; i can't wait to see what's next. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Bethany and Jess! Secrets are no fun!

    I love you Jen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Got some Notions of your own about this post? Share them!