Monday, July 25, 2011

Goal #17 In Progress: Top 100 Movies

Goal #17 (In Progress): Watch ten movies off of the AFI’s list of 100 Top Movies
  
I just finished choosing my ten movies to watch off of the AFI’s Top 100 Movies list (maybe I'm subconsciously preparing for the possibility of bed rest?) and kicked it off this weekend with Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Below are the ten films I plan to add to my classic movie repertoire (Devin helped me put together this list as it's just no fun to watch movies by yourself... Rocky was his choice - just wanted to clear that up): 

#1 - 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)  [check!]
#2 - Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939) (love me some Jimmy Stewart)
  [check!]
#3 - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)   (because I've always wondered who Nurse Ratched was)  [check!]
#4 - Rocky (1976)
#5 - Tootsie (1982) 
[check!]
#6 - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) [check!]
#7 - Swing Time (1936) (also love me some dancin', singin' Fred Astaire)   [check!]
#8 - Sophie's Choice (1982)
[check!]
#9 - Ben-Hur (1959)    [check!]
#10 - Chosen by my readers. What movie off this list do you think I should see?
Edit: Based on the suggestions I've received, I'm going to go with Blade Runner as #10. This list needs a little Sci-Fi Adventure. ;-)   [check!]

(the movies I've already seen are: The Godfather Parts I and II, Casablanca, Singin' in the Rain, Gone with the Wind, Schindler's List, The Wizard of Oz, Star Wars, It's a Wonderful Life, Some Like It Hot, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, To Kill A Mockingbird, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Sound of Music, A Streetcar Named Desire, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, West Side Story, Jaws, Saving Private Ryan, The Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump, Titanic, 12 Angry Men, The Sixth Sense, Toy Story, Raiders of the Lost Ark)

1 comment:

Got some Notions of your own about this post? Share them!