"What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has the eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like." - Saint Augustine
Wow. God is AWESOME! And the way He has used sooooo many of you to bless us as we raise funds for our Uganda trip has just been amazing. Thank you!
Through generous (seriously - wow) gifts from friends/family/church members, one huge garage sale, working lots of odd jobs and selling lots of beaded crosses, Devin and I have raised the funds needed to cover our travel costs to Uganda. Can I get a "Whoop, whoop God!"
All that's left now is gathering supplies for the orphanages and the other ministries that we'll be working with. Devin and I will be stuffing three-of-our-four suitcases full (up to 50lbs) of items for the sweet kiddos in Uganda. If you live near us and that is something you would be interested in helping with, here are some of the items that have been requested by the orphanage directors:
- Pull-ups (4 year-olds)
- Underwear (5-9 year-olds)
- Deodorant (for the teens at the orphanages)
- Shoes/Sandals (5-16 year-olds)
- Soccer balls, footballs (with a small pump if possible – they will be deflated before being packed)
- Markers and Crayons
How to get us supplies:
- If you know us and live close - feel free to contact me and we'll work out a way to get the supplies from you.
- If you go to church with us - we'll be collecting supplies February 27th and March 6th at Family Bible Church.
- If you live in Tucson, you can give donations to my mom or dad this week and next (I'll be seeing them March 5th)
- If you'd still like to make a monetary donation - that money will go towards purchasing supplies or toward beds and school fees for the orphans. (If you want more information, just email or facebook message me)
Thank you so much to everyone who has already helped us get this far - you all are incredible. Thank you for your open, giving hearts - what a blessing you have been to us and to the orphans in Uganda!
Lastly: a sweet, be-still-my-heart story to leave you with: